"I know what I know / Could not fill a thimble."

Friday, March 27, 2015

35 years... 35 things I know....

On the Eve of my 36th birthday, I humbly share 35 things I have learned in my 35 years.  I would like to thank all of you for being my teachers! And now I feel old enough to be the teacher...

1. Learn How to do the Great Commandment, Golden Rule & Great Commission.  Do them well.
2. Memorizing the Word at a young age sticks with you for life.  Young people memorize as much as you can!
3. Power for living comes through prayer and difficult times.
4. Momma knows best!
5. Artistic expression is a gift to the world.  Share it!
6. Travel... Move... Experience other cultures.
7. Marry young and travel together before you have kids.
8. Have kids.
9. My Pentecostal roots planted in Presbyterian-like soil have served me well in my quest for knowing The Father, Son & Holy Spirit.
10.  We have much to learn from our African friend's spirit & generosity
11. Love what you do and do it with your whole heart.
12.  Education matters, but life experience trumps.
13.  Find 3 close friends who you can tell anything to and keep them for life.
14.  Surround yourself with the Church and you will never be alone -- in the whole world.
15. Use your talents!  The world needs them.
16.  "Be yourself!  Everyone else is taken". -Oscar Wilde)
17. I have literarily seen God bring back the dead, through prayer.  Pray and pray hard.
18. Take time to bask in beauty.
19.  Eat well!
20. Surf
21. Go to the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in San Francisco at least once in your lifetime.
22. See Yosemite, Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon & Cape Town, South Africa.
23. Many good things are best in calculated moderation.  In areas of "grey" stir toward moderation.
24.  Take time to be quiet.  Meditation centers you on what is important.
25. Forgive.... Over and over and over
26. Depression is real and there is hope.
27. Don't pass up opportunities to see live music.  You will rarely regret it.
28. Listen loud to music & dance
29. Life passes by so ridiculously fast!
30. Be a faithful friend. Which often means asking good question & listening.
31. Sabbath & get enough sleep
32. Respect your husband through your words & actions
33. Focus on the GOOD news.
34. Don't stand by and ignore injustice. Learn, Educate, & Change it!
35.  Be thankful for EVERY DAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment