"I know what I know / Could not fill a thimble."

Saturday, November 13, 2010

1 Cor. 13

1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

These verses have been said many time in my life...in fact I could probably quote them.  But, what stuck out today was the application to my life now.  God has given me this passion to be active in my "love for Africans.."  What does this mean?  What does it mean to God?  If I truly love the Sudanese, of whom I am trying to speak for (getting the word out about their situation through film and speaking) but I have not "LOVE" it is for nothing.  How can I change my strategy to always have love on the forefront?  
Love is patient: even with inaction 
Love is kind: even toward the enemy
Love does not envy: toward those who perhaps are doing what appears to be better activism
Love does not boast-is not proud: remembering that ALL knowledge and $ and heart behind activism toward the situation in Sudan is GOD GIVEN

Love does not dishonor others: even those in Northern Sudan
Love is not self-seeking: even though I want God to use me to do more in Africa, this is not the launching pad....this is only because I love the Southern Sudanese.

Love is not easily angered: even at inaction 
Love keeps no records of wrongs: a difficult thing to do, which such wrong is taking place- but I think God is saying "know I will hold them accountable.  This is MY war to fight too."

Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth: My our hearts be guarded against false reports.  May we rejoice in the truth of His Word! 


 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  May we protect one another and may be do our best to protect more Southern Sudanese for death by human hands.  May we trust God's hand and may we ALWAYS HOPE and ALWAYS PERSEVER!

Help us LOVE SUDAN as YOU LOVE SUDAN!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment