"I know what I know / Could not fill a thimble."

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Psalm 110

Psalm 110

Of David. A psalm.
 1 The LORD says to my Lord:
       "Sit at my right hand
       until I make your enemies
       a footstool for your feet."  2 The LORD will extend your mighty scepter from Zion;
       you will rule in the midst of your enemies.
 3 Your troops will be willing
       on your day of battle.
       Arrayed in holy majesty,
       from the womb of the dawn
       you will receive the dew of your youth. [a]
 4 The LORD has sworn
       and will not change his mind:
       "You are a priest forever,
       in the order of Melchizedek."
 5 The Lord is at your right hand;
       he will crush kings on the day of his wrath.
 6 He will judge the nations, heaping up the dead
       and crushing the rulers of the whole earth.
 7 He will drink from a brook beside the way [b] ;
       therefore he will lift up his head.

This is comforting!  Knowing God fights and is fighting our battles.  He has made us priests and ultimately made Christ the ultimate Priest of our lives.  He will crush those who come against us...he will judge the unjust.  I love the end....He will drink from a brook beside the way; therefore he will lift up his head.  Sometimes we just need to sit by a brook and drink from it...this often lifts our head!

When I was a child, we lived by Blue Creek, outside of Billings Montana...when there were 'battles' in my life that were too heavy for me to handle, I would go sit by the brook, beside the way.  I would sit; wait on the Lord; and let Him hear my heart. 

Now, I have San Predro Creek...and I went there today- There are 'battles' in my life that I can not fight anymore...only God can fight them.  Thank you for this reassuring verse that YOU are.  And that my head will be lifted!  Praise God for this encouragement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment