"I know what I know / Could not fill a thimble."

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ezek 18

 16 He does not oppress anyone
       or require a pledge for a loan.
       He does not commit robbery
       but gives his food to the hungry
       and provides clothing for the naked.
 17 He withholds his hand from sin [c]
       and takes no usury or excessive interest.
       He keeps my laws and follows my decrees.
      He will not die for his father's sin; he will surely live. 18 But his father will die for his own sin, because he practiced extortion, robbed his brother and did what was wrong among his people.

What a call!  To not oppress anyone....or require even a PLEDGE for a loan.  Giving food to the hungry, provide clothing.  Does not take excessive interest.  May my own life live this...what a challenge, but this is what 'true religion' really is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment