"I know what I know / Could not fill a thimble."

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

John 20

He saw the strips of linen lying there, 7as well as the burial cloth that had been around Jesus' head. The cloth was folded up by itself, separate from the linen. 8Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed.

K. I know it's funny to pick out this verse to journal on, but it struck me that the cloth was folded up. Regardless of who did the folding- Jesus, God or the angels...it's important to God to have the cloth folded up. God does care about order. Now, I know people can become obsessive about it and go super annal about cleaning and organizing, but I would like to think a view of godly organization and cleanliness is healthy. Although it's not biblical this phrase had to originate from something legit- "Cleanliness is next to godliness."
Those of us with the gift of Administration love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment