"I know what I know / Could not fill a thimble."

Monday, August 16, 2010

John 18

I am switching to a new reading schedule, that my church is going to following, starting this fall.

So, No more Corinthians- onto John

8"I told you that I am he," Jesus answered. "If you are looking for me, then let these men go." 9This happened so that the words he had spoken would be fulfilled: "I have not lost one of those you gave me."[a]

10Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant, cutting off his right ear. (The servant's name was Malchus.)

11Jesus commanded Peter, "Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?"

Man, to be reppromanded by Jesus for fighting for him must have been devistating. How often do I rush the gun and try to fulfill what I believe "God's will" is, when I should just stand back and watch His will accomplished, without my help. May I have patience and not try to fight the war for Christ, which He is already fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment