"I know what I know / Could not fill a thimble."

Saturday, August 14, 2010

2 Cor. 12

12The (AC)signs of a true apostle were performed among you with all perseverance, by signs and wonders and miracles.

I have always heard that those who don't believe the "outward" gifts (prophecy, wonders, miracles, tongues, etc.) are for today believe that God gave them to the apostles as a sign of their authority. This verse, I am sure they use to confirm that. Paul did come as a sign of a true apostle, performing signs and wonders. But, it does not say that these wonders are limited to the apostles. And why would we limit out great God to only perform miracles among one group of people, in one small span of time? I don't agree with this theology, not only because of the many stories I have heard, the experiences I have been through and Scripture itself.
May God make his wonders more evident to me in this time and age. May they show Him as mighty and may many come to Him because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment