"I know what I know / Could not fill a thimble."

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

2 Cor. 10

Back from a week in the Bahamas! Thank you Lord for the incredible blessing of that trip and the beauty that you have created in the ocean and the tropical land. It is so peaceful to bask in the beauty of God's creation.

17But (AG)HE WHO BOASTS IS TO BOAST IN THE LORD.

18For it is not he who (AH)commends himself that is approved, but he (AI)whom the Lord commends.

Always a challenge for me. I want the credit when things go right. I want the credit when a problem is fixed. I want the credit when my work creates fruit. But, this challenging verse puts a stop to all that....it's a reminder that EVERYTHING I have (my talents, my money, my intellect, my bodily function) are all by the grace of God ....it is Him who allows anything to be accomplished though me. May God commend me for my work...and may I boast in Him, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment