"I know what I know / Could not fill a thimble."

Monday, July 5, 2010

Romans 15

Self-denial on Behalf of Others
1Now we who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of (A)those without strength and not just please ourselves.

2Each of us is to (B)please his neighbor for his good, to his (C)edification.

3For even (D)Christ did not please Himself; but as it is written, "(E)THE REPROACHES OF THOSE WHO REPROACHED YOU FELL ON ME."

How hard is it to not just please ourselves? We can become so self-consumed, daily...there is so much to do; clean house, watch kids, work, volunteer, etc...but if we aren't pleasing our neighbor to his edification, we are not allowing Christ's likeness to manifest itself in us. May God help me to not only please myself, but look for opportunities to please my neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment