"I know what I know / Could not fill a thimble."

Friday, July 2, 2010

Romans 14

12So then (T)each one of us will give an account of himself to God.

13Therefore let us not (U)judge one another anymore, but rather determine this--(V)not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother's way.

This chapter is a good one for me because it answers some of the questions about 'grey areas' in the church. Do we drink wine, or not? Do we dance or not? Do we play poker or not? Do we get tattoos or not? Should we do everything possible to have natural childbirth? Should I see that movie? Should I watch that TV show? I tend to be on the more liberal end of a lot of these questions, but I should never judge my brother/sister who feels like these issues are very important to their spiritual walk. This is a good reminder not to get frustrated with my sisters and brothers in Christ, but to remember that I AM GOING TO HAVE TO GIVE AN ACCOUNT TO GOD. What will my testimony say? Will God say, "Well Done" or "You could have done better". I am so thankful for our freedoms in Christ, but am also extremely grateful to those brothers and sisters who choose to abstain as an act of worship. May God bless them in that abstinence. And may God give me the grace to know when it's my place to abstain.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go for committing to read the Word every day! I am also hoping to read every day. Thatnks for your insight. --Michelle

    ReplyDelete