"I know what I know / Could not fill a thimble."

Friday, July 16, 2010

1 Cor. 8

1Now concerning A)">(A)things sacrificed to idols, we know that we all have B)">(B)knowledge Knowledge C)">(C)makes arrogant, but love D)">(D)edifies.

2E)">(E)If anyone supposes that he knows anything, he has not yet F)">(F)known as he ought to know;

3but if anyone loves God, he G)">(G)is known by Him.


I love this first verse...it really puts you in your place...we all have knowledge...but knowledge makes arrogance...isn't that true. Some the the most educated people I know are the most arrogant people I know. For some reason they think their knowledge will save them. Don't get me wrong...I struggle with this too.

But, love edifies. I love that too! Especially after reading "Love is an Orientation". Our greatest combat tool in helping people come to Christ is LOVE! I know it's not rocket science, but it's good enough for God. And if it's good enough for God, it's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment