"I know what I know / Could not fill a thimble."

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

1 Cor 6

20For (AK)you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in (AL)your body.

This verse was shoved down our throats as teenagers as a repellent to having sex, doing drugs and drinking. And, I suppose it worked for me....well mostly. But now that I'm married, feel the freedom to enjoy a glass of wine occasionally and eat a pretty healthy diet I have asked the Lord to show me how it applies.

I believe God is challenging us to use our bodies for His work. He has given us hands to serve; feet to go; minds to learn more about Him; hearts to love and eyes to see His glory around us. He has given us mouths to praise, ears to hear His word; and touch to minister comfort.

God help me use my body and all of it's function to honor you.

No comments:

Post a Comment