"I know what I know / Could not fill a thimble."

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

1 Cor. 16

1Now concerning (A)the collection for (B)the saints, as (C)I directed the churches of (D)Galatia, so do you also.
2On (E)the first day of every week each one of you is to put aside and save, as he may prosper, so that (F)no collections be made when I come.

3When I arrive, (G)whomever you may approve, I will send them with letters to carry your gift to Jerusalem;

I find it interesting that Paul puts the line "as he may prosper" in this verse. Obviously I do not believe in your typical "Prosperity Gospel", but there is something to the fact that if we put God first, in the area of giving/finances, that will will prosper....whether it's spiritual prospering or other prospering; God desires that we prosper when we give. Let us give cheerfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment