"I know what I know / Could not fill a thimble."

Monday, July 26, 2010

1 Cor 14

1(A)Pursue love, yet (B)desire earnestly (C)spiritual gifts, but especially that you may (D)prophesy.

2For one who (E)speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God; for no one understands, but in his spirit he speaks (F)mysteries.

3But one who prophesies speaks to men for (G)edification and (H)exhortation and consolation.

4One who (I)speaks in a tongue (J)edifies himself; but one who (K)prophesies (L)edifies the church.

5Now I wish that you all (M)spoke in tongues, but (N)even more that you would prophesy; and greater is one who prophesies than one who (O)speaks in tongues, unless he interprets, so that the church may receive (P)edifying.

I really love this. Growing up in the AG where "tongues was IT" I really love what Paul says in relation that gift. As a 'tongues speaker' myself, I can attest to the way that it edifies me....but also not that for many it's scary and weird. But, Paul does wish people to experience the gifts God has for the, whether tongues or not. Let us all continue to seek the Lord for the gifts He has for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment